Existing Member?

My Simple Journal, My Full Story

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 20 April 2012 | Views [692] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

The first thought of this theme is that we are describing a world through others eyes. However, the phrase has other meanings such as the study of the others perception, see a thing from different angles, or learn from others' experiences. All these meanings have a red line which is to see something not our own but through others eyes.
Seeing the world through others eyes is not easy. I ask how can we see the world through others eyes without looking directly using our own eyes.
I take an example based on my personal experience. At that time when me and my friends are planning to do the school holidays. We agreed to travel to Bali. In my view, as someone who had never put my foot on this island, I think Bali is a beautiful island with an abundance of beauty, so it makes a lot of local and foreign tourists who are interested to visit this wonderful island. But not for my friend who said that Bali is not as nice as like my views. According to him, Bali or better known as Paradise Island or Dewata Island starts to lose its charm. He added to give an example, the Kuta Beach. Beaches that once covered TIMES magazine in the 90s because of its beauty and amazing waves, now become dirty place because of people who has not respect to the environtment (Beach, in this case). This is supported by TIMES magazine spotlight on April 1st, 2011, back cover Kuta Beach with the title “Holidays in Hell : Bali’s Ongoing Woes” because of the garbage scattered around the coast. "God has given one of his best to this wonderful island, but not treated properly," said my friend.
We have different views in this case. The island which I have never visited and I think beautiful, not beautiful in my friend’s eyes who have been to Bali before. Everyone has his own views to see a thing and there's nothing wrong with it. It's much better if we can see directly, but it's not wrong to look through other people's views. It is simple example to see the world through others eyes.

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Found this relevant article on seeing the world through others' eyes. Thought of sharing the same. Hope it is useful and insightful.
http://asknrj.com/see-the-world-through-the-eyes-of-truth/

  Nikhil Feb 4, 2013 4:11 PM

About godang


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.