Existing Member?

Diversity, Taste, and Unity in One Heart

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 14 April 2012 | Views [174] | Scholarship Entry

I love to travel. In a journey that led me to understand different cultures and beautiful, and made me appreciate life more and that I have.Food is seen as fulfilling the function of nutrition and maintaining health in general, but there are other functions that are not less important is the culture. Yes, food is part of the culture of the area. Traditional food is left over from the ancestors that must be passed by his ancestors, the hereditary culture is what makes the traditional cuisine in a variety of areas to be distinctive and delicious to eat.I am very interested in food culture in the city and state, on the other hand I really like cooking, cooking for me is to bring happiness itself, through the cooking I can provide delicious meals for loved ones around me. This thing makes me want to learn and keep learning how to make the local specialty foods.So far I have enjoyed the food in various regions in Indonesia, and I realized how much food can actually influence the culture of the community. One example is a custom home that is owned by a resident Banjarmasin (I also come from Banjarmasin-Indonesia) tend to like foods that are very sweet and can not stand spicy. In contrast, the population of Bali, Indonesia tend to like spicy food, and when the two cultures are combined they will be difficult to adapt to each culture possessed, so that's why food is an important part of cultures around the world, because the culture of food that shows the character of population in the area.I really hope distinctive food culture can be maintained because the food is part of a very important area of ​​cultural integrity is maintained, the food does not satisfy one of the stomach but also as an important element of culture. Finally, let's create the culture and innovation in every region through food! Appreciate differences and creates national unity!

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

About glow


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.