Existing Member?

All the other birds are migrating south My life of excess has come to a halt. I’m making my own yellow brick road in The Americas. Here’s hoping The Wizard of Oz has a better answer for me than a pair of shiny red slippers

Mirage

PERU | Friday, 1 April 2011 | Views [428] | Comments [2]

I really don’t want to leave Paracas. It`s really beautiful and warm. Sad fact is most tourists don't stay in Paracas and only stay the day and leave. Lol. I´ve been here for 3 nights. Lucky alright. Had an early start yesterday morning, starting with a boat ride out to Islas Bellaesta island where I saw a hundred sea lions, penguins, exotic birds and the most bird kaka you could ever imagine. The Peruvians collect the birds poo off the rocks once a year as it makes great fertilizer, and man does it stink. I got some great footage and photos of mother sealions teaching their cubs to swim. Aww super cute. And on the way there we visted one of the Nazca lines which was over 2000 years old.

In the afternoon we adventured out to the National Park which at the tip of the Peninsula. Here I was thinking it would be a lush forest or something similar that I´ve seen in the S.A. Silly gringo Gloria didn´t do her homework! It was a desert. With lots of sand and not much else. Lol. Filled with 4000 year old shell fossils, and, gee, when we reached the Pacific Ocean it had never looked so beautiful. We stopped off for some lunch with the freshest seafood meals. Luckly, I had made friends with three Americans, one of whom was a native and ordered lunch for us. As far as I'm concerned Peruvians have the best cuisine in S.A. Hands down. As far as seafood goes. I think New Zealand still has the biggest and the yummiest everything. I even eat shell fish now! I passed on the swim as although it only rains 20mm a year here and it was warm, it was still your typical freezing Pacific Ocean I love and remember.   

During the night I went out for dinner and drinks with two friends I made on the tour. One was a retired Israeli doctor who was born in Argentina, the other was our native handsome tour guide. It was nice to get away from the typical conversation travels have. The conversation flowed easily and the guys spoke English most of the time. I always feel a bit guilty when everyone can't speak their native tongue because I cant understand any of it. Anywho I told them all about the treaty, Maori, NZ education and even about Kate Sheppard. They were really interested, especially Lou as Peruvians don’t have tribes any more, not in a traditional sense anyway. Well that’s how I understood it. Speaking of my Lou, he was our tour guide. Very sexy. Part African, Italian and Peruvian. The only guy on my trip so far that really tempted me! God damn, since when has one lil holiday fling ever hurt anyone? Anyway I managed to send him packing. Yeay.  That’s just what I didn´t need. More sexual frustration. One thing is for sure, Im taking yoga back up again as soon as I get home!

Four hour bus ride to Lima. Yippy last bus ride ever….

Comments

1

Lol...Man oh man, I knew this was gonna b a ride and a half. Lots of history n sounds like a blast! Yoga and sexual frustration...it's a myth honey...tee hee. Snooze on the bus eh. xox...

  Mum Apr 1, 2011 2:00 PM

2

Haha. Whats a myth ma? You didnt teach me that! I need to do some type of work out anyway.

  gloriamelody Apr 2, 2011 3:31 AM

About gloriamelody


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.