Existing Member?

All the other birds are migrating south My life of excess has come to a halt. I’m making my own yellow brick road in The Americas. Here’s hoping The Wizard of Oz has a better answer for me than a pair of shiny red slippers

High spirts

PERU | Monday, 21 March 2011 | Views [529] | Comments [2]

I´ve been a bit slack lately updating my blog.  Been in Cuzco for four days now. Really pretty  and safe town. Loki Hostel is on the top of the valley which means hiking up the stairs two or three times a day. I'm glad to report after two days I can finish the hike with no stops!  First time it took me about four stops. Lol. Makes me feel like an old lady. 'Course after a night out I have to hail a cab.  It's only $2.50 for a cab home.  All the footpaths and roads are paved with brick and stone. Lots of old brick churches. Matter of fact the hostel looks like a bit of a castle itself.  Great facilities and I have to say the cleanest toilets I've ever come across in South America.

I guess I should tell you about my run in with the taxi driver. Asshole ripped me off $20 giving my fake bills. I kind of knew that they weren´t legit. But I was just so glad that I made it to Cusco in one piece that I didn’t care about $20. Still grinds at me sometimes though. 

Anyway, I'm off to do a city tour today and off to discover my first Inca ruins, just outside of the city. I'll try to get some good photos. Anyway, I've got much bigger fish to fry.  Sacred Valley tomorrow, then Machu Pichu the next day. An action packed week. Must get going. Chat soon.

Comments

1

YEEHA!!!

  Mum & Dad Mar 19, 2011 3:41 PM

2

WOHHOOO! Go Glori!
Cant wait for photos - and still loving all the adventures you are having!
Take care and have fun!
M

  Matariki Mar 23, 2011 3:39 PM

About gloriamelody


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.