Existing Member?

hellbent hikers homers home

Peru

CANADA | Monday, 8 November 2010 | Views [428]

in front of one of the most incredibly  astonishing backdrops in the world

in front of one of the most incredibly astonishing backdrops in the world

Day 21...from Agua Callientes walking in the dark to the trail head to make this brutal climb to Machu Picchu.  We're all pumped,stoked...this is what we walked 3 days in the Peruvian jungle for.  Finally the day has arrived.  The icing on the cake.  Me and Angie cant keep up  with the younger ones so we fell back and clinbed at our own pace.  1.40 minutes to reach the top.  Spectacular setting once we reached the summit. An entirely self sufficient ancient city perched on the top surrounded by massive ,shark toothed mountains creating the feel of being in the middle of some prehistoric crater.  Toured around completely amazed at the stone masonry involved in building this lost city of the Incas.  Stayed around Machu Picchu for hours until it was time to walk back down thus completing our epic jouney.  We have come full circle!!  Incredibly spectacular.brutally demanding,physically draining and tremendouly rewarding.  An event in our lives that will undoubtedly define who we are.

About globetrottingwanabees


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.