Existing Member?

hellbent hikers homers home

Peru

CANADA | Friday, 2 October 2009 | Views [469] | Comments [1]

Viewing one of the worlds greatest mysteries from a small cessna aircraft. These enigmatic lines remain a perplexing puzzle to this day!The Nazca Lines,Nazca Peru

Viewing one of the worlds greatest mysteries from a small cessna aircraft. These enigmatic lines remain a perplexing puzzle to this day!The Nazca Lines,Nazca Peru

Day 2 started with a shower and breakfast.  Eggs,bun and tea.  Took some great pics of everyone,  Phil and Aly,Dave and Cookie and Angie.  Just waiting around the hostal for the weather to clear so we can fly the Nazca Lines .Maybe another hour?  340 soles for the flight and airport tax.  Ya we got the call and we're good to go.  All of us piled into the van and off to the airport.  The overflight was a onceinalifetime experience.  The monkey,space man,lizard, condor and hummingbird were all incredibly mystifying. How did the Nazca people etch these huge geographs with them only being visible from the sky above? Totally kool pics and video.  Great pilot Benjamin who made some frightening manoevers so we could get the best views.  The whole history of the Nazca people still to this day remains a mystery because nothing was ever written down ,nothing documented! The people and the lines are truly an enigma! After the flight we booked the midnight express to Arequipa and walked the town .. Lunch was stuffed avocado,papa de la Huan cana.  Picked up some silver jewlery.

Comments

1

That was a fun day! Glad you guys made it in time for the flight.

  Cookie Oct 5, 2009 6:04 PM

About globetrottingwanabees


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.