Existing Member?

Joe's Travels

On my way

USA | Sunday, 13 May 2007 | Views [393] | Comments [1]

So I've just finished my packing (with lots of help from my mom) and I'm one nights sleep away from leaving. I'll be heading to National Airport in DC at 130 for my 330 flight to Boston. After a couple hour layover I'll be on my way to Dublin on Aer Lingus and if all goes well langing at 530 the following morning.

These last few days have been a blur. Thursday and Friday I was cramming for and taking my last two college exams. Then I had to pack up my apartment in Charlottesville and head home to northern Virginia. Saturday has been devoted to getting the last few things I needed for my trip and a lot of packing. I can't believe I'm less than a day away from flying out.

Since my last post things have changed a bit. I never was able to get the Uzbek visa so I bought a ticket from Istanbul to Bangkok. After 2 months in Europe with Emily she'll fly back to the US and I'll spend another 2 or so months around SE Asia, hopefully with a visit from my dad. Despite all that excitement, right now I'm very much focused on Ireland. I think it is going to be amazing and I can't wait to start exploring.

My next post will be one from the road and hopefully a whole lot more interesting as a result. But before I end this one I want to thank my parents for making this trip possible. They know how much of a dream come true this is for me and the fact that they're allowing me to do this means so much.

Now, I'm off...

Tags: Family

Comments

1

Hope all's going well. Hope to hear from you at some point.

  Mike Saunders May 17, 2007 10:24 AM

About glax21


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.