Existing Member?

Arriving in Bologna

Moment in Time - Arriving in Bologna

ITALY | Wednesday, 15 April 2015 | Views [186] | Scholarship Entry

This story ' Moment in time - Arriving in Bologna' was written or taken for a World Nomad's compeition in 2013, while I was a Masters student at the University of Technology Sydney. It was actually a direct extract/email home to loved ones, in the days when email ruled over facebook, instagram and social media.

I feel kind of nostalgic remembering that, knowing you only shared a snippet of adventures with a select, chosen and personal few.

Content wise, I was definitely a little more dramatic back then and afraid... dramatic and afraid.

Now I think so many people travel, that it's a great reflection, or a snapshot in time. Maybe all the growing happens in between? And trips are just a standout reference point. Kind of inverted adventure?

I've since worked in a number of sectors, finished university, travelled, matured a little not a lot and prefer a more subdued kind of adventure.

Thanks to those scary first adventures, I feel equipped to take on more exotic adventures, meet whoever, whenever, wherever. Find out people's stories and share them with the world.

Following this trip and fear of Italian men, I came home, met my first serious boyfriend, had a relationship for 6 years... he was shy and reserved.. probably have Italy to thank. Mellowed out a lot!

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About gina


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.