Existing Member?

Homeward Bound

Arrived in Bangkok!

THAILAND | Tuesday, 16 September 2008 | Views [349]

We arrived in Bangkok last night, very very tired. Took us about 24 hours hours of travelling to arrive here. We got a taxi into the city, the airport is HUGE! Aparently the 2nd biggest in the world now. Something like, 74 flights per hour landing or departing, and they have 2 parralel runways that can operate at the same time! Have to say I am not really remembering much from last time here, and couldnt remeber at all where the guesthouse that we stayed at was!
We have a decent enough hotel, in a nice area away from the main touristy area (Ko Sahn Rd), which we are glad about as when we went for breakfast there, most of the people at the other tables were still drinking last nights beer!

Lots of Tuk Tuk drivers wanting us to take tours with them out to the Palaces or wot not, we are 'Just Saying NO"as politley as possible for today, dont think my tired head can contend with the traffic :)
Went straight to bed last night, as we were just too tired to go out,and today are having a lazy mooch about, and in search of a guide book, Matt is looking for the best bargain!!! There are loads of nice looking restaurants around us, and some street vendors too - apparently they are the safest way to not get sick as you actually see the food being prepared... Hmm, but you also see all the dirt around the food being prepared. I might just go with ignorance is bliss, and keep my fingers crossed...


The weather is very overcast, for which I am quite grateful, as its quite hot, and my toes and fingers are already porky! Actually hoping the sun doesn't come out for a few days!

We might go to one of the temples today or tomorrow, they are really spectacular, the taxi driver was pointing them all out to us last night, looked very pretty all lit up, and sparkiling with all the gold and jewels they are decorated with.

Matt is curently looking up places for us to go and eat! Getting our priorities in order. THink I am hungry again, so maybe go and try one of them out, we cant seem to work out of we are jet lagged or just simply tired! Either way a lazy day prevails.

 

About gillsherratt


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.