Existing Member?

An unforgettable journey is all about taking risk.

When opportunity presented, jump onto it.

FRANCE | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [120] | Scholarship Entry

My travel story began when I was awarded a scholarship by the Malaysian government in 2012. Everything came quickly and the next thing I know, I was already in the plane flying to France. To be frank, to make a decision within one week to leave your home sweet home is not easy, but I knew it at once at that moment that this is the opportunity I've been waiting for. France, the dream country of many people, me voila here in this beautiful country. Ever since then, I have been travelling a lot, going to places that I once thought I will only be in 10 years' time. This experience made me an independent person, I've learned a lot from travelling, from planning my trip, looking up for information, taking care of my travel companion, etc. Over the course of 3 years, I found that my style has hugely changed, initially I was someone who yearns to see every single thing a city has to offer, but now, I am more on a relax style of travelling, seeing what interests me, spending more time in meeting people and having an insight into a culture. In fact, though I'm actually here for studies, my experience here taught me that, in fact travelling is only about the will of leaving home for an adventure. Hurdles, be it financial or other obligations, can always be overcome easily. Just like Europe, everyone in Malaysia thinks that it would cost a bomb to come here, but now I understand that the cost of travel depends hugely on one's organisation, one's planning and one's way of spending. My stay here in France allowed me to dig deep into places that are often off the beaten track, that are interesting for people who have done most of the mainstream places in Europe. I am still left with 3 years here in France, and I would definitely be looking to profit the maximum from my experience.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About gezlouis


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.