Existing Member?

surfridetheworld go wherever, do whatever and love every minute of it

My time in Hawaii

USA | Friday, 21 March 2008 | Views [344]

I've spent the past 5 and a half months in a youth hostel in Waikiki, Oahu. Unarguably its been the best 5 and a half months and thats hard to say because I also spent a year living in Italy and traveling all over Europe.

What made this experience so special was the environment and the people that I lived with.

To lay it out simple and easy.

I lived in a hostel. (For those who don't know what that is, you havent backpacked enough, look it up online)

I shared a room with 9 other people, we had 5 bunk beds crammed into a room about 15' by 20'. Shared one bathroom. (Simply put we had no privacy)

Again a lived in a hostel. meaning Everyday people from all over the world were checking and leaving. Everyday a new girl would catch my eye. Everynight there was a reason to drink.

Now for a 22 year old male I was in an ideal situation. I worked at the front desk, checking people in and out, and naturally meeting everyone. I was also the tour guide for the hostel, basically responsible for showing everyone a good time. I worked at the surfshop down the street and got paid to give any willing sucker or hot girl surf lessons.

And everyone thought I was a local kid, giving me additional points.

I hustled, pimped and lived the hedonist lifestyle.

 

About getupstandup


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.