Existing Member?

my adventures in southeast asia this journal is going to be a documentation of my travels and experiences in se asia this summer. i will be traveling with my university (of which i am a recent alumna), and touring the countries of vietnam, laos, cambodia, and thailand.

Day Eight

USA | Friday, 8 July 2011 | Views [235]

today we drove out the deep country to see where emily's future school is going to be! the kids were so amazing and we hugged them and loved on them. they were so cute i just love it!!! we also went to see some tunnels. during the war the vietnamese built tunnels to house people in order to keep them safe. literally they had birthing rooms down there. they expanded the tunnels for tourist and i still felt claustrophobic, i cant imagine living down there and having a baby in those tunnels!!! we had the womens union cooking class tonight... which they did not really let us cook for. we all kind of just stood in the way. they sang and danced so everyone was having a wonderful time even though we could not understand anyone. i have to lead the macarana... how awful!  well we decided after that we did not have enough american singing so we all went to the karaoke bar next door for another couple of hours. it was so fun and laurie and i sang sweet dreams and just had a blast!

About gerbertl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.