Existing Member?

my adventures in southeast asia this journal is going to be a documentation of my travels and experiences in se asia this summer. i will be traveling with my university (of which i am a recent alumna), and touring the countries of vietnam, laos, cambodia, and thailand.

Day Three

USA | Thursday, 7 July 2011 | Views [229]

wow! so can we say i am super behind on this whole blogging business!!! well get ready i have 13 days to cover tonight! lets just say i have not had a lot of down time, and that is a massive understatement. ok so where are we... ah yes, day 3. well this was supposed to be a day at ha long bay, but because of the weather, it turned into a free day in hanoi. basically all i did was walk around and take it all in. tony, reed, lesley, laurie, jake, and i all had lunch at this italian place that was just down the street from the huge stone cathedral. i also got a backpack because my purse decided to fall apart. it is awesome, a mocha colored northface pack... and the best part!......... 8 dollars!!! i love this place! well after lunch tony and i wanted to wander around and get lost on the back streets of hanoi. we started walking around and taking pictures and all of a sudden we ran into the market and i looked at tony and said... clearly we are not lost enough, so on we went. we actually did not get that lost and found our way back to the hotel with enough time to get ready for dinner. dinner was at a restaurant right on the lake by the old quarter. it was so beautiful and the dinner was fantastic. there was also a live band playing and they tried to make jake play a couple of the instruments... i got pictures of how funny it was. we also went to the night market this night. it was CRAZY! i have never seen so many people in one place. basically we were all really overwhelmed so we just looked at everyone, then made a loop and headed back to the hotel.

About gerbertl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.