Existing Member?

GerainChan's mirrorcle world

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 25 July 2010 | Views [253] | Scholarship Entry

I've been inspired by everyday life. All activities that I participated, people that I met and places that I travelled gave me ideas on how good the world is, as well as highly motivates me to explore the goodness and uniqueness of the mother earth. 

In contrast with standard filmmaking, I somehow loves unplan actions and schedule. Sometimes a good documentary or video clips doesn't need to be planned to make it perfect, as the natural and real actions/reactions will still captures the heart of the audiences.

So this video "Hari Gawai 2009 at Rumah Ampik" is a good example. Unplanned, unscripted, all natural. Captured in the longhouse located at Miri Sarawak, where we visited on Gawai Day and celebrate the event with the villagers.

My ambition, as a documentary maker, is to make a unique documentary or video piece that are rare, interesting, new and catchy to audience. The audience can gain new knowledge and experience, and feels involve in it. I wish to make documentaries that are able to capture the goodness of the subject, and to make connection to the audience.

More info you may visit my personal blog: www.gerainchan.blogspot.com.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About gerainchan


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.