Existing Member?

The march

Band of Brothers

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 7 November 2011 | Views [452]

The villagers are prepared for the forthcoming war!

The villagers are prepared for the forthcoming war!

Today I went forth to another of my expeditions in the area outside York.

This led me to Danelaw centre of living history. This place is built as a fortress from the American civil war period as well as a Vikings village. There are different events going on in different times throughout the year, as well as re enactments. 

I stumbled upon an American civil war re enactment, or as I found later on from one of the re en-actors a training sessions for the actual battle. This sessions takes from 1 to 6 days and basically everyone that takes part has to be as the people of this era were. So women were doing household work, men where outside working in the fields or training for the army, farmers where farming and the council had meetings while kids were out playing or helping their fathers and mothers with chores.

This people accepted me as one of their own and helped me to understand how things where during the civil war. I had the opportunity to handle my own musket rifle and train with them for a while. basically this people take their hobbies and passion about history to the next level.

farewell till my next exhibition!

Tags: american, animal, civil, people, re enactment, soldiers, war, war, women

About georgios_l


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.