Existing Member?

make a world a better place

MAKE A WORLD A BETTER PLACE

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 27 April 2014 | Views [112] | Scholarship Entry

A Story Of Travel Through Australia
Travel through Australia and make sure Cairns is on your itinerary!
The town of Cairns is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
A country known for the brilliant blue waters of the Great Barrier Reef, the stunning red of Uluru, and the incredible natural diversity of its rainforests is bound to become one of the top travel destinations in the world. Travel through Australia on your next holiday to discover some of the most stunningly beautiful wonders of the world along with some of the most amazing man-made architectural wonders. Whether you choose to spend all your time in the cosmopolitan cities along the coastline or head directly into the outback, one thing is certain: You are destined to have the time of your life.

Although Australia may be half a world away, you will not have to break your budget to holiday there. Airfare can often be found quite affordably, particularly if you schedule your flights during the off season or fly to major or capital cities and plan your trip in advance. Accommodations can also be found very inexpensively, whether you choose to stay in a hostel or hotel or rent furnished apartments for more long-term stays.


Although you may certainly want to see Uluru and even hike around its base, dive off the Great Barrier Reef, try your hand at the Sydney bridge climb, and take in a show at the Opera House, there is so much more to do here. Visit Daintree, the world’s oldest rainforest, and explore its stunning waterfalls and sheer cliffs. Go underground in Coober Pedy, the opal capital of the world and one of the continent’s most unique towns, where virtually all 3,000 inhabitants live below ground.

Wine lovers will discover that the wine flows freely here, whether you visit the Barossa Valley or Margret River or any of Australia’s other plentiful wine regions. Beach lovers will enjoy the ideal surfing conditions located all along the coast from Bondi Beach in Sydney to Gold Coast outside of Brisbane. Adventurers have even more options ,from abseiling in the Blue Mountains and whitewater rafting through Katherine Gorge to diving alongside whale sharks in Ningaloo Reef.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About georgiabubble


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.