Existing Member?

I Love Getting Lost Overseas! This is a journal to document my trip overseas with my best friend! South America and Canada here we come :-)

My Test Story

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 6 August 2009 | Views [282] | Comments [2]

So this is my very first story. How about that!  I bet myself $10 that I won't keep this up, but in case I do.... This is like a pre-story for all the stories to come.  We are almost ready to go, we've quit our jobs, we've had our farewells, we've each been jabbed half a dozen times each for all sorts of scary sounding diseases, we've got flights, the first few nights accomodation, and even travel insurance!!!  We've still got to pack up our rooms at Rosie's, celebrate leaving a little more and then the awful task of saying goodbye to our loved ones, but then we're off!  With only 11 sleeps to go, I'm fairly sure that at some point in the future, I'll wish I could rewind time to this very point.  The point before all the unknown adventures and crazy times and no doubt - blonde moments. 

The last few weeks has been such a blur, and there have been some incredible moments as well as small feelings of displacement.  It's all leading up to one fantastic exciting incredible adventure, hopefully not the last, but certainly the only one like it! 

xoxo

Gen

Comments

1

We love u both, have fun

  irene b Aug 20, 2009 12:16 PM

2

Indeed, do not forget to observe the local people and learn from them - you will enconter the remnant of very old and wise civilisations, read the book of life opening in front of your eyes... And keep this journal happening. (hmmm).

  chris b Aug 21, 2009 3:43 PM

About gburnat


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.