Existing Member?

Grace & Pills 'extended holiday' What we be mostly doin - innum

We got here!!

INDIA | Friday, 5 March 2010 | Views [420] | Comments [1]

Hello everyone,

We're currently sat in a sweaty little shack, off a busy street in downtown Mumbai where people seem to like selling everything in the world ever. Overall first impressions are great although nothing we type can really illustrate the noise, the heat and the chaos!

Have just about got used to the feel of the place and the constant attention - not in an offensive way, people just like to stare! Tiz cool though and we're happy to amuse everyone!

So far our adventures (minus the rum we brought in the hip flask - it got confiscated and poured away at Heathrow - oops Pill forgot it was in his hand luggage... Ooops and Grrr - would love a wee-nip now!) have been mostly about wandering aboot and seeing what we can see. Have been to most of the major sites - Taj hotel, gateway to Indial, museums of art and the like. Have met some cool people, including an overly excited Indian Mum who couldn't wait to tell us how fabulous her kids are.... and seen a weird bollywood stylee street party with loads of pink, sparkly and fairy lights - FAB! We had our phottees taken with a big group of teenage lads yesterday (Indias Engage students??!), they just bundled up and got excited and randomly asked - Pill thinks it's because they thought he was Freddie Flintoff (the big-man) If so I must be Lady Gaga....

The food has been the shiz and cheap - we splashed out yesterday and had tea at the Taj - get us!! Pink (non alcoholic) cocktail, Canapes and Beer coloured (and flavoured) Cocktail for Pill. Lush! The piano man played some delicious and interesting melodies - 'Nothings going to stop us now' by Europe - anyone, anyone...

Animal watch: Have seen cows, dogs, no rats, insects and most importantly a little black cat and a huge black bat - I feel these are good signs....

My feet watch: a slight 'trotterage' on the first day, back to normal now however. Will take photos if we get outrageous.

We leave Mumbai tommorrow evening to go to Aurangabad, where we will be viewing wonderful and special caves (or so says the government leaflet) They better be better than Cheddar or they'll be problems... aftre our extravegant beginnings at the Taj Mahal Hotel we are having to recoup costs by taking an overnight train in with the chicken class and no aircon. CAN'T wait!

Will check in again when we can and plan to add photo's next time. Will also try and add to facebook.

Miss you all and wish you were here to see this wicked place with us.

G&P xx

Comments

1

Heloooo grace how is your holiday going hope your haveing a good time you better be missin engage mind cus i no we all are missin you hope you and pills has a good easter,,,,, Happyy Easterr xx

  Sammie Jarrett Apr 2, 2010 3:57 AM

About gaweatherburn


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.