Existing Member?

There and Back Again A journey to India with a short stop on the way in England. The trip to India is for a combination of spiritual pursuits and volunteer medical work

Weather, etc for late June

INDIA | Sunday, 1 July 2007 | Views [415]

For the week of 6/18-6/25 we had the beginning of the Monsoon season. There were many spectacular thunder storms, particularly in the afternoon but some at night which provided an excellent show from the upper level of the Meher Pilgrim Retreat. At times the wind and rain would be of incredible strength. At other times it would be over cast with no sign of a storm but you chanced getting caught in one if you went out anywhere. So sometimes we got wet. On the 24th, Dee and I went to Mumbai (Bombay) so she could catch a return flight to the US. We waited for seven hours in the Pune airport for our flight as the incoming flight was delayed by severe weather from a low pressure system going up the western coast of India. It caused record rainfalls in some nearby areas and many deaths as a result of the flooding. Fortunately, where we stay there is no risk of flooding as we are miles from any river and on very high ground. It had been very warm with highs in the upper 80’s. lows around 80 and seemingly close to 100% humidity. Fortunately there is usually a good breeze. Now that Dee has left we have had several days of mostly sunny weather with highs of about 80, lows of about 70 and 85% humidity. Very nice.

Tags: Relaxation

About gavin_elliott


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.