Existing Member?

Road to Macassar

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 12 April 2012 | Views [261] | Scholarship Entry

In the history of the country in particular and world history are generally referred to in the title phrase that often appears on top. Take the example I Manindori, which by the Dutch in the Netherlands East Indies Geschidenis der stated that Trunodjojo gesteund werd door de uitgedreven Macassarsche zee rovers, Trunojoyo assisted by Makassar pirates who pushed out of the nest. Who was meant by the Netherlands with Macassarsche zee rovers that? They are the remnants of the Royal Navy, led by Gowa I Manindori, who has served as the structural position of Regional Head Galesong, so the title Karaeng Galesong.
At the time of the war against the Dutch Company, Karaeng Galesong has served the Royal Navy Commander of Gowa. Karaeng Galesong not admit Bongaya Peace Agreement, and with the permission of Hasanuddin sultan, left the kingdom of Gowa with followers who are still loyal to him, look for another area in which to continue the struggle against the Dutch.
In Madura Karaeng Galesong received by Raden Trunojoyo even became law, which married the daughter of Madura Potre Koneng. So Karaeng Galesong cappaq implement one of three weapons cappaq Bugis Makassar. Cappaq third (end) was the tip of the tongue (diplomacy), the tip of genitalia (marriage) and the dagger (war). The shame of the Bugis people of Whitewater Palaka fellowship with VOC demonstrated by their resistance against Dutch colonial rule, the spread of resistance to almost all corners of the archipelago.
In 1667 hundreds of people Bugis and Makasar people, led by the Admiral and Admiral Karaeng Karaeng Bontomarannu Galesong, slipped through the Dutch defense to the Java Sea to join the Trunojoyo in Madura in the fight against the Dutch and the kingdom of Mataram (DeGraaf in Abidin, 1983:54). Together with hundreds of guns, whose creation is made possible by the persistence Karaeng Patingaloang reputedly the largest cannon ever made in the archipelago, Gowa several times almost crushed the Allies.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About galesongmakassar


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.