Existing Member?

nocternal in australia natural beauty outdoors

A Local Encounter that Changed my Perspective - difference is beauty in the eye

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 14 February 2013 | Views [281] | Scholarship Entry

DIFFERENCE IS BEAUTY IN THE EYE
every now and then we experience something different in our day to day life in our own orbit.For some reason it catches our eye and we pause we wonder it seeps down and reaches our heart,the africans walking the street with their child in tow a magpie whistling its call in the old gum tree or scaling the markets and experiencing the different wonderous cultures of our country we have so many different varieties of foods indian to chinese italian veitmese,indonesian,african and more,walking the market at dandenong.every saturday i come to realise we all seek the same regardless of culture race religion,and,colour we all strive for the best quality food a smile from another person the comon curtecy, the love from another the freindly handshake. a neighbour walking buy with their dog who greets you we all start the day by waking up a in the suburbs of victoria this is my home many beautiful animals and ways of life i strive to learn our differences and embrace them ,i am australian which loves our great land knowing someone else from another country is enjoying their way of life here in our country we call home ,,they to need shoes to protect their feet as we all need a home to feel safe we have many orchards of local growers of fruit and vegetables the spices from india the chinese massage and herbal remedies,A child strolls by with there mother and crys they want a drink as my child had done 5 minuites before ,another bus load of people have wondered of the bus gathered to enter the same place by smal stops along the way,with shopping trollys and bags to fill,imported goods from around the world are displayed in stalls for sales for anyone to buy ,The smell of fod lingers past and my brain wonders for it as i buy my cheese and bread they notice my face again and greet us with a how are you and places an extra block of cheese in my bag and says its for the kids its good for them,expression of culture is all around us and we are all together in this wonderous place of love and life we venture there every weekend on a saturday morning many come for the doughnuts filled with jam they line up infront and behind return to the seats after buying to endulge on the vibrant flavour sensation theres a band set up of the chinese new year with a dragon moving up and down and everyone stops to watch we feel united together as one.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About gabriele


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.