Existing Member?

Visible thoughts

The way to the black sea

GERMANY | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [302] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

It happened not from the first trials, but was planned to take place in Germany. Since I got my Schengen visa, I started my research about Greifswald, where the international student festival takes place. When I saw the map of the place, the idea of visiting the black sea was born in my head with the special sounds of discovery. I have never been in Germany before; the only country I’ve visited except of mine is Russia. That was why I looking forward to the trip, and the black sea became the main flower of my bouquet.
We had only bicycles as a means of transportation to go anywhere we needed or wanted. This adventure made me to learn how to ride a bicycle, because I never knew ride one. So when it happened, it was my third day on a bike. Every time when the classes are over we went to nearest bar to watch the world football championship. But today was special for the group of people that we made by ourselves to go to the black sea. There were 5 of us in our group, it was purely an international team: me as a Turkmen, Russian, Moldavian, Romanian and German. We were very happy going on this trip, but we didn’t know what to expect.
To know the direction of our way, we used a little map of Greifswald on a welcoming card which we were given when we arrived on the festival. We started from the University rules after our classes ended. The weather was not so cold at that moment. Then we started to face the difficulties of our journey. The first was midges. We were lucky to have eyeglasses, since they were sun glasses; they helped us to continue our trip. Then it got cold. Some of us had windjammer and all of us were clothed warm enough because of the morning wind that we felt every day while riding to University.
After almost two hours of riding we got to our destination. What can I say about the view? Sun was still shining; we could see some fragments of snow and sea. But we were unforgettable happy to be there all together. We took some photographs, recorded a video like “hey we got the Black Sea, and we are happy”.
After we got to Greifswald and saw the beautiful sunset in one hour of riding back, then we had a dinner in a restaurant on a ship. Tasted some sea foods, German beer and celebrated the fact that our idea became true.
I'm sure that it was not my last time in Germany.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

Comments

1

..if it is about the sea in the north east of Germany it is NOT the black sea but the BALTIC sea :)

  evi Jun 1, 2015 7:02 PM

About gabriel

international conference

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.