Existing Member?

Where Are We Going? Life is the longest trip you are going to take, and everywhere you travel is a part of the journey.

A Child's Guide

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 6 September 2015 | Views [435] | Scholarship Entry

From the time I was five years old, I have been on family roadtrips all around North America where I learned that humans were not made to stay in one place. Traveling inspired me to continue my journeys into adulthood as well as pursue another life-changing hobby that preserves the memories I make and lessons I learn: filmmaking.

Growing up as a self-taught artist, I see the world in angles and lighting, and I listen closely to it's multi-layered soundtrack. Without my camera, I would never be able to explain what I see or how I see it. I seek out the shadowed corners of cities and the unexpected blemishes amid beauty. As a backseat traveler, I've grown to love observing rather than modifying what's in the frame.

I attend UW-Milwaukee (one of the top film schools in the world) where I experienced being on a film set, which quickly confirmed my interest in documentary filmmaking, a type of storytelling that tells REAL stories and vigilant creativty. Being on assignment in Columbia will better prepare me for both beginning a career in film rand continuing to travel when I graduate college. While I don't own a cutting-edge camera or high-quality audio recorder, I know I have the ideas, determination, desire for knowledge, and love of travel to create a memorable documentary . I've been documenting the world since my youth, and you, World Nomads, are offering the perfect opportunity for me to follow my passions further than I thought possible. Thank you.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About gabbi_cisneros


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.