Existing Member?

Jesus to World

Early. Rise

JAPAN | Sunday, 28 July 2013 | Views [371]

Sent 7/27/2013 2:50p (PDT)

KONNICHIWA! It's Sunday at 6AM. The sound of birds cawing loudly and the rain pouring on and off woke me up.  The house we ladies sleep in is being repaired by GMT (Grace Mission Tohoku).   The tsunami flooded this area 10 - 15' deep in water. So the house has new flooring but the walls have bare drywall sheetrock. The guys have to sleep outside in a tent.  The history on our drive here is that the earthquake caused the land to sink 3-4 feet and displaced the land 12-20 feet in certain areas.

Different teams are here. A Korean college discipleship group shared about putting up tents for fishermen who are still rebuilding warehouses and packing places for their work. A Japanese Christian on their team shared how he was hesitant to come and do Christian work and evangelism in Japan because of how Christians are rejected especially those who are Japanese.  God gave him the courage to speak up and God encouraged him with the positive feedback he received.


Today we will get an orientation after church.


Thanks for your prayers. It helped us survive a trying day through miscommunications at the train stations by employees and between team members.  It also helped us to make train connections with seconds to spare.  Keep praying for good weather.


With God's blessings,
Diana

About fujihiker


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.