Existing Member?

with my heart in suitcase

from one corner of the world

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 14 April 2014 | Views [223] | Scholarship Entry

How do i end up here ?
My life began when I decided to go to the farthest place to study abroad , as seen from the map shown in america . I like a place where not only had to be famous hobbitons where the kiwi fruit was not only if it had no other meaning.
when I got here I could see and feel the wonderful feeling of being free , where the person might have more fear is a person who only asks for a dollar in the street, where the streets are filled with people of other nationalities crossing differently the avenues where you can find people without shoes and where is equal to be a lawyer or be a waiter , where student life are hours of sacrifices but they bring more happiness , where every weekend you're free to go swimming and a barbecue in the beach where you are away from your family but you discover the value of friendship and you adopt your new friends as your new family , where you know the people you trust is your only option.
life seemed all different walks in the opposite direction to normal, living in the future and also in the past.
where the value of saying you love your family right through a phone is more significant and more valued than before.
I had the opportunity to meet and experiencing Maori culture, where the haka is not only famous for the Rugby if it has a meaning quite valued by the New Zealand culture, where they are still living under the monarchy but not feel very present.
in the country where there are more sailboats in the world and where summer is in times of Christmas and winter holiday seasons, is summer . a magical place where you can find the four seasons without having to go to another country ,where the people drive to the right side, and that is confusing at first but after you understand the meaning of the streets. where you know there are so many sheeps that wherever you go adorned your way, where the roads are narrow and curved , but always with a unique view that never repeat. where you enjoy going anywhere because life here is lived happy, quiet, safe and free, where you 're not an foreign, where you are not a traveler, where you are not a student, where you're someone who crossed at the same destination on the same road , ready to start a new adventure with a great diversity of cultures to learn.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About freedomtotravelfreedomtolive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.