Existing Member?

A life lived on top of the Moon.

The home of anyone and the room of the world.

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 21 April 2014 | Views [202] | Scholarship Entry

I think I have understood the charm of this city only now, at the end of my experience. London is the shelter of the lost souls, the home of anyone and the room of the world. Sidewalks stuffed like New York, different ethnic groups like in Rome's bus, job and hope that become the only minimum common divisors among the people. This city teach a lot. This city teach you the loneliness, and for this I would advise London to everyone; this city teach you how to cohabit with yourself, to remain alone with yourself, to look into your face and ask yourself "the game worth the candle?" Trust me if I say that if you are not enough determined, if the goals not hold the stakes, after 2 months you are in a plane headed to your city. You have to know this city and learn how integrate yourself. London is the city of the cold, of fake italian coffee, of ready meal, of million times, of "sorry, I haven't time." London is this and a lot more. London is where if you hope that someone could notice you, put yourself on the roadside will be not enough, 'cause you have to throw in the middle, stop many souls as possible, know them and make you know. Only then you will know what does it mean receive a smile from a person that never looked at you, receive a kindness from someone that has a voice of an ogre.
London serves, it serves to learn english, it serves to the life, not to exasperation, but a minimum. To everyone.
For this experience my rating is 7.5, an encouragement due to fact that is my first experience, my pad, and a big "thank you" to teaching me what I can do.
Travel, travel a lot, travel ad nauseum.
Goals almost completed, a couple of months and I'll come back to my city for a break.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About free-mind

Backpacking and go on!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.