Existing Member?

Cultural learnings for make benifit of Continent America A collection of my tales, times & tragedy....to keep you all in the know. It´s not just a blurb...check my snaps however my camera is having emotional issues so give her some time...cheers

Off south

COLOMBIA | Saturday, 30 June 2007 | Views [919]

Entonces....two kids burn past us on a dodgy dirt bike wielding pistols and M16´s serving us a surley stair.  Who were they...the cops of corse.

I have released my grip from my odd mixture of life in bogota for my orignal plan...the move south.  Paked the bag for the fith time and sent myself to SAN AGUSTINE...the center of Colombia´s indigenous hitory.  Life did what it does best in South America and gave us (Jess, Josh & I; my new american travel mates) the unexpected, a land slide.  Plus a little extra for me; a broken camera scren...shit I just got that fixed! 

To follow were two full days of cultural enlightenment...plus a bit of social enlightent involving some serious drinking with the locals at a new swanky bar.  It just happend to be the weekend celebrating the history of the region...lots of drunk cowboys swaying from their horse´s..to say the least. 

We ventured off the next day to POPAYAN, a white washed colonial city boasting indigenous roots and a historical mercado.  Taking the well know bus from S.Agustin amongst the panoramic mountain views(also better known for the attention the Gurillas have given the road in the past) we safely rocked up an hour late thanks to a boged cargo truck. 

Popayan proved it´s cultural heritage and architecture, highlited even more by our lovely local guides Viviana & chiche...Just as impressive was the local market in the neighboring pueblo SILVIA.  I finaly aquired myself a genuine Colombian mochila(hippy bag)& a pair of wellington boots for all my muddy treaks.  With a long farwell to our guides the next day would guide us to PASTO.  A quite litte city serving to the tourist a tranquil day trip to one of  S.Americas largest(& highest)lakes.  A sureal pueblo floats by its side...our restaraunt had a bit of a (((sway))) to it!

When we awoke we had to deal with the fact that it would be our last day in the beloved land of Colombia....cry me a river!  IPIALES: We spent our last moments soaking up the gothic style catedral nesteled in a river canyon.       

And so the three extranjeros with a love and a life for colombia (4-5 months) said goodby to a chapter in their lives for a new adventure south..    

Tags: Sightseeing

About free-felix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.