Existing Member?

Terry.. Terry .. Give Us A Wave!!!

To Cusco...But no Macchu Picchu :-(

PERU | Wednesday, 7 April 2010 | Views [492]

Another night bus from Puno to Cusco. The bus itself wasnt that bad, but the journey was horrible. We nearly had our first set of tears but at least the 3am arrival at the bus station was not as bad as we had first anticipated. We bundled into our twelve dorm room in the hostel, im sure they all loved us, but not as much as we loved the smell in that room. It stunk, if i remember correctly the room was called The Funk. This is apparently because there is a lost sock in the room which creates a funky smell! Between that and 10 sweaty bodies, the stench was not fresh!

Cusco was the prettiest place we have visited so far. There were lots of churches and side cobbled streets. We met two really nice English girls in the lobby of our hostel,they wanted to go and grab some lunch, so We headed straight to cescas favourite coffe shop Jacks!!well it would be Cameron Diaz dined there! the food was amazing!!Salad...like we have never seen, one portion could have fed all four of us. After lunch we wondered around looking for the girls friends....Sofia and James from Saffff London...we got hassled by a guy selling moody sunnies...of course Sarah enjoyed the bartering, got him down to a good price and purchased a pair of ´Raybans´, to add to her collection. off we went to one of the inca temples....yes cesca got bumped again...everyone else got a discount with their student cards and Sarah managed to flash her driving license...damn it!there wasnt much to see, once you´ve seen one ruin, you´ve seen them all. it happened to be Paddys day...we were very bad influences on the crew we had jus met, it was about 2 in the afternoon and we all headed off to an irish pub...a good start! Sarah had a clover painted on her face in true paddy style. we bumped into Silvia and Chantelle and arranged to go out for dinner together...the food was vile, not a scratch on Jacks. Then off we went to Mama Africa a club/bar. Cesca managed to wangle a free salsa lesson from a very gay looking guy, and performed a little show for Sarah as she was having a good old goss with Fit lad!whos girlfriend was floating around. Actually she was happily sipping on cescas cocktail after being sick....Cesca very unimpressed...it was time to wander back to the hostel.

off we went back to Jacks for breakfast..it definitely did the trick...followed by a his and hers massage...very amussing watching sarahs blob of a therapist hovering over her with sarahs head between her legs and grunting funny noises, and Cesca trying to ask for a firmer massage, we then descided to have a pedicure done...big mistake as the they took cheese graters to our feet. What a hang over cure!we were ready for our 22hour bus journey to Lima. we did it in style though ´calma style´....we got a good deal, what can we say!Sarah managed sleep the whole way, while cesca layed there feeling very sorry for herself trying to ignore her temperature and howling cough. we arrived in Lima and off we went in a Taxi to our hostel.

About frasarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.