Existing Member?

Terry.. Terry .. Give Us A Wave!!!

The Family

BOLIVIA | Tuesday, 16 March 2010 | Views [537]

The day after death road, Sarah´s extended/in-law family came to pick us up and we went to stay with them in La Paz. They lived in the nicer part of la paz which was a breath of fresh air away from the city, sight for sore eyes, Sarah with here arm in a sling, the pair us so so so tired, a fantastic first impression! Our stay with them was nice, we  got to chill out for a few days, experiance some typical Bolivian food, dancing, traditions. We went to something i can only describe as a school race night/pta meeting for the daughters school, an experiance to say the least! 

We didn¨t realise Los Pinos was the posher part of the city until after we went shopping, i guess the hint should have been that the shops all had security alarm devices when you walked in. Cesca foolishly got ever so excited in this shop about how nice the clothes were, thinking the prices were in Bolivianos, erm... bit a shock when she got to the check out to find out the prices were in fact in dollars!!!

I think they must have thought we were very lazy as we were happy to stay in bed watching the old version of beverly hills 90210, us thinking, it will be fine, we will get up and get ready for lunch and they wont know any different... only the maid grassed us up!!!

We then moved on to the other family in Santa Cruz..........

About frasarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.