Existing Member?

DropEveryFear

Bagan on a hot air ballon!

ITALY | Monday, 5 May 2014 | Views [183] | Scholarship Entry

5.30 Bagan Myanmar
I've slept few hours in the last days, but I wake up happy when the alarm sounds...although is very early another great adventure is waiting for me...
I prepare my bag, check the camera and dress quickly..at 6 a pick up take me, I meet other interesting sleepy people from all around the world and we arrive at Ballon over Bagan base camp.
A quick breakfast, some explanations about our flight by the pilots, we see the air balloons slowly pumped up by the fire and the adventure start!
We're 20 of us in each balloon,standing up in a little tiny wooden basket, warmed by the heat of the fire that inflates our balloon and….we're flying!!!
It's sunrise..the dark quietly disappear and the first rays of sun start enlightening the landscape around us...a powerful emotion increases more and more in my hearth.
Suddently we see above us thousand of tempes of Bagan..one of the most beautiful view of the world. I can't believe to my eyes, it seems a dream but is real.
All the doubts, all the efforts of the months before, disappear instantly...all makes sense and I feel so happy that I have left the beaten path to follow my dreams.
I spend one hour taking hundreds of pictures with my camera..I wish I have a gopro with me.
At one point the balloon passes in front of one of the most beautiful temples and I'm able to take the perfect shadow of the balloon over the temple...it’s a matter of seconds but I’m so happy that I've catch the perfect moment and that I can share it with my friends!
8.00 am...the balloon start to go down, a lot of Burmese smiling children greet our arrival...another breakfast is waiting for us to celebrate our first flight on a balloon.
My hearth is filled of emotions...a new day has just started and I've already had a great adventure and seen the best sunrise ever.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About fra_adventures


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.