Existing Member?

Oriental Traveler

Upon Return

JAPAN | Saturday, 16 February 2008 | Views [522]

The most popular question that has been asked to me since my return from Japan was which is better? Japan or China. Now this is a difficult question to answer only because it was two very very different trips. When I went to China I was a senior in high school and we were only there for a week mereley just to preform and sightsee. It was a lot of traveling around and stressful rehearsals with a lot of bus rides and little sleep. It was also Very organized and planned out. Japan on the other hand I am in college and we did a few days of touring but once we were done touring in the evening and/or we settled in one spot(Kurashiki) we really were on our own to be responsible adults. As long as we were at rehearsal at the given time Dr. Ripley trusted us to be adults. This freedom really gave me the chance to take in the culture in every aspect. Whether it was to go to the grocery store just to see what they had, or if it was shopping and walking around town. It was two very different levels of responsiblity and freedom which illustrates the difference between highschool and college very well. Below are two links linked to my facebook photo gallery. It has proven quite difficlt to upload photos onto this system and perhaps in the future I will have a journal that is already created for this purpose, instead of just googling it upon arrival.

Facebook Photo Gallery 1
Facebook Photo Gallery 2

(p.s. hopefully they work)

Tags: Culture

About foxba2s2on


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.