Existing Member?

Discover

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 21 March 2011 | Views [168] | Scholarship Entry

When I was about 16 years old, I went to visit the province where my grandparents lived. It was my first time in all my life that I visited the place. I had always heard stories about the beach there with white sands and clear water where you could see fishes swimming around and a beautiful sunset. so the moment I arrived I asked around where I could find the beach, people told me to ride this and that but I had no money so I asked for general directions instead, I walked through endless rice fields under the blazing sun, while admiring the sights of the few old churches and Spanish houses made with stones that seemed aged over centuries with broken painted glass of angels and old street lamps, I don't remember how many breaks I took sitting in ruined benches or under shades of trees but before I realized it the sun was about to set, it was afternoon when I heard waves coming from a beach nearby, I was finally there. It was beautiful with waves softly touching the white sand on the beach, small fishes swimming near rocks, sea shells with different colors decorated the entire beach and finally the reddish yellow sunset that reflected through the vast blue surface of the ocean. exhausted from the trip I found a place where I could sit for a moment and fell asleep when it was almost sunrise judging from the color of the skies I knew I had to go back to my grandparents house, luckily when I asked someone the way back, he told me he was going the same way and offered to give me a ride. Everyone was upset with me when I got back, even got a scolding through the phone from my dad but no matter how much punishment they give me no one can ever make me regret my first adventure.

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

About forever


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.