Existing Member?

Kimberley Adventure

A little ray of sunshine!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 12 July 2010 | Views [398] | Comments [1]

Leaving all our worries behind (and Paul's keys somewhere, too) we arrived in Katherine to glorious sunshine and finally met up with Leanne, Steve and Ethan!  They looked wonderfully relaxed and happy and to say we were so excited to finally catch up is an understatement ie. lots of jumping up and down and squealing (and that was just the adults!!!)

Oliver and Ethan immediately set about exchanging books, tales from their reciprical adventures and  playing games which included Trivial Pursuit, Chess, planes and indulging in some electronic "quality" gaming time together!!  After endless chatting and catching up and a quick lunch we all meandered over to the thermal springs behind the caravan park and enjoyed a warm dip (much busier than when we visited last time!)

What an enoyable couple of days catching up with very dear friends!  We talked and talked about life on the road and agreed we could all do this type of travelling for a very long time.  We shared a delicious chinese meal in downtown Katherine for dinner and spent the following day lounging around and talking some more.

Our last night together culminated in a glorious and memorable sunset cruise along the magnificent Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk Gorge).  It was lovely to see the gorge in the setting sun which heightened the glorious colour of the cliffs.  The cruise included a 3 course dinner which was a culinary feast (not the BBQ and salad that we had envisaged!!!).  It was a truly special and memorable evening, being where we were and who we were with.

Sadly we departed company and the Bulldusters headed north to Darwin to continue their amaszing adventure and FOPS headed south to conclude theirs!!  SIGH :(

Comments

1

Couldn't agree more lovely Fops's - we sooooo enjoyed catching up with you all! At times I even had moments where I forgot we were all in the 'Top end" - what a spectacular place to have a chance to share altogether - The Gorge cruise was wonderful, and we are missing you all terribly!!
hugs
from the Bulldusters!

  The "Bulldusters" Jul 19, 2010 4:44 PM

About fops


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.