Existing Member?

bumiayu

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 24 April 2012 | Views [143] | Scholarship Entry

In 14 April 2012, i went to Bumiayu by my motorcycle that spent thirty minutes from Purwokerto. Purwokerto is the part of Indonesian city that locate in middle java, and the city is where i is studying now. Bumiayu is interesting place where famous with the people are friendly and polite. the politeness in Bumiayu is not only for the government but for their legion too. Next day, I felt the characteristic
of Bumiayu people directly. First, when i walked in city squire then i got lost. i asked to vendor, then the vendor gave me direction to me without another tips. Second , i tried to hang out again in dust around seven p.m. ,but ,fortunately, the rule of the city does't allow for teenager disports at the time especially because that time is better to use for studying.
In 15 April 2012, in the morning, I walked toward the food shop after i exercised. I order the rice that was strange for me because the side dish of rice was not usual. Any raw petai, jengkol, tempe, salt cured meat and chilly sausage accompany the rice. if you eat that rice you can feel unexpected flavor such as sweat, bitter, sour and hot in every spoon. The food vendor said that the food has philosophical aspect adoption form real life. the philosophical aspect is from every time we trough the life that any obstacles will face you unpredictably. In the sum, the culture in java is very abundant and i enjoy to live in Indonesia especially in java.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About food


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.