Existing Member?

Around the world in 90 years

And in a split second...

FRANCE | Friday, 10 August 2007 | Views [311]

...you're back again.

I managed to not sign onto my journal at all during the time I was away. Damn! But I did take a gazillion photos and had a great time! I got sick with the flu (whee!) but I got over it eventually in sunny Rome and moderately sunny London.

Flying with Ryanair was possibly a bad idea. Although the flights are cheap and you did get there safely, the turbulence/slight free fall event was quite enough of an adrenaline rush for me. Poor air hostesses were still walking around when we dropped too, had to grab onto whatever they could to stop themselves from falling.

And then.. the BABY. The baby who was adorable and cute, until I got a splitting headache and she wouldn't stop crying for nothing in particular. I love those events. I eventually got a nosebleed and was feverently wishing for someone to decapitate me.

Also, sleeping in Orly Airport is a no no. Especially when you're sick and the bus is on strike and it's too late to take a train and you have to wait 30 minutes for a taxi. And then your flight is delayed by several hours. Whee. Got there eventually though!

Metro/Tube/whatever you want to call it, all was good, confusing system some places.. like eastbound/northbound/westbound/southbound.. :| but oh well, it's not that difficult. Cool metro stations in Paris, some you just must see!

Otherwise, very convenient. Singapore airlines was the best though. Nice onboard entertainment, good food, nice seats. Yay!

Flights to Singapore and Frankfurt were a bit of a killer though. Got too dehydrated. But we all survived!

And now. I must sleep. Just running on some left over sugar from some honey cashews I think.

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

About florahui


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.