Existing Member?

World Tour The Idea of Travel, exploring other cultures, seeing the most vague corners of the world has been part of the human race. Here I am just following a dream.

Ten years

USA | Tuesday, 21 August 2007 | Views [600]

After ten years living in Miami, I depart to meet the world.

It has been an amazing time, high school, college and work. I lived in many different areas of Miami, including the FIU campus. I have worked at Johnny Rockets as a waiter, dancing to the rhythms of Beach Boys everytime someone pressed D10; at The Pawnshop Lounge in Downtown Miami as a host, and as a trader at a bank. All these work experiences have made something better out of me.

Until now I can definitely say that Miami has the best clubs in the world. The drugs run wild inside the clubs, and most women are extremely reactive to large bottles of champagne, artists and sports stars, and lots of bling bling. However a good talk can always attract some ladies.

I have made lots of friends, and unfortunately lost some. Miami is a transition city for most. Many come here to learn English, but do not, because Spanish dominates the environment. Many come to study, but cannot, the party is to hard. And some come to work, and end up leaving because like many Latin countries, Miami is the city of the future and not of today.

The festivals in Miami are not to exciting, however there are some great ones around Miami, such as Fantasy Fest in Key West, Columbus day Regatta, and Memorial Day Weekend. Universities in Florida have their one party, such as Gator Growl, which you definitely should not miss.

Culture has just arrived in Miami with the new opera house and Carnival Center for Performing Arts. There I watched some of the most renowned; Yitzhak Perlman, Bobby McFerrin (don't worry be happy) and Gilberto Gil.


This is just a brief on my time here, it was very exciting and different experience for a long time, however it is time to move on to newer grounds, meet new people and try new adventures. My next stop is Brazil, to visit my friends and family.

Tags: Family

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.