Existing Member?

Chueco RTW

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 31 July 2010 | Views [259] | Scholarship Entry

I was born in Tucumán, north of Argentina and in 2000 moved to Barcelona. As many, I thought that I arrived to Spain until a classmate told me "this is not Spain, this is Catalonia". I never imagined that moving to Europe would make me witness pre-independece mood: popular discontent, discrimination, lack of rights to decide...all this inside the modern EU. The massive demonstration was the trigger for my inspiration, living it from the inside was a unique experience that I wanted to portrait.

 

Planning: Find topic --> script  --> demonstration filming, as many angles as possible --> follow a character that represent locals voice --> find interesting footage: aerial, crane --> editing, script made everything easy since I had the footage that I needed for a coherent narrative.

 

Catalonia-Spain is a very delicate topic here, is not  black and white but a lot of greys. The main challenge was to portrait a complex historic topic and sensibilities without offending anyone...in 3 minutes.

 

Traveling, involving, filming, sharing...my passion and what makes me move. I´ve been doing this non-profit but looking for next step to going professional. Please feel free to check my travel blog.

 

Travel videos:

 

HimalayasCuzco , Amazonas.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About fjferre


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.