Existing Member?

My wicked world Head in the clouds, feet on the ground, mind on food and heart on the road!

London - part 2

ROMANIA | Thursday, 27 January 2011 | Views [406]

After some well-deserved sleep, Nana and I embarked on the journey for the second part of our business trip – a basic life support course Nana had to attend in order to get certified. So while she was enjoying the skills of first aid, I sat in the lobby of the hotel, immersed in an Anne Rice novel – Merrick this time (part of the thrilling Vampire Chronicles you people know I love so much). An hour later her class is done, I get to meet some really nice people (Amie and Rebecca – almost shamelessly drooling after her), got a semi-interview, then lunch, and once again we were riding the train, this time back to London.

The journey was short, and we met Vlad and Nana’s friends in the train-station: destination – London Eye. On our way to the Eye (images of Sauron’s eye kept popping in my mind) we saw several famous places: Chinatown (even had lunch there, yumm), Trafalgar Square (and witnessed a feministic meeting), Buckingham Palace (from afar), Whitehall Palace, 10 Downing Street, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and finally The Eye. After getting the ticket I had my first 3D experience and LOVED it. We were given some ultra-cool glasses and waited for the show to start – right at that moment my left contact lens decided to give me a hard time, but I didn’t pay attention (HA!)…the show lasted a couple of minutes but it was awesome (basically a presentation of the Eye). The ride with the Eye lasted about 20 minutes, plenty of time to take plenty of pictures of plenty landscapes (which of course, we did). After that, we went to have something to eat (Chinatown of course), then came the fateful ride home with the train – we had to exchange like 3 trains to get home. I was kinda angry because the flow of people was too much for me, but in the end we got home in one piece.

It was decided to head out to a club Vlad praised the whole day. We got ready (it took me 30 minutes to get my hair right – which we didn’t, and ladies, I can totally understand you now). Got to the club, had a good time (I wish I said a great time but the music simply wasn’t my bowl of fish). After some hours of that we decided it was time to head home. And wouldn’t you know it, we had to take the bus – the double-decker type *celebration dance*. I would have danced right there but I was too tired and cold to do it. In no time we were home, comfy cozy between the sheets and ready for some shut-eye. At 5 am.And the best part of the trip was yet to come.

But all that in the next episode!

Tags: london, travel

About fiy3ro


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Romania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.