Existing Member?

Kennie and Fi's Oz Adventure

Prep

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 2 March 2014 | Views [146]

EDT minus 4 weeks ! We are pretty well organised (Well I have done all my tasks).

The Sunland Patriot SEL is being built. Chosen for its practicality, and sleek good looks. Its hard to choose an off road caravan as it's hard to discover the necessary facts. Many vans are described as 'off road' but drilling down you discover they can't accomodate 300l water tanks (Commander) or the finish looks great but the build seems a bit flimsy.  Sunland is a family concern and we liked all the staff we met. 

For communications we have have a Sat phone (still to be set up by us) and Sat dish for internet and TV and mobile. The sat dish system is from Australian Nomad Technology in WA.  They seem unorganised so I am not that confident all will work as promised but they are the only outfit selling dishes which can pick up internet. We expect to be spending most of our time in remote locations where mobile phone internet won't work.

We are having a 'slip n easy' outboard motor mount fitted to the A frame and still have to buy the tinny and motor.

K is busy getting prices for the huge list of things we need for the Landcruiser.

Our unit is looking great and we have had 10 potential tenants view.

Work is winding down for me - I shall let my clients know this week. It's funny as I was expecting people to say 'your too young to retire' but no one has ! 

We have had lots and lots of health checks and spent a fortune (Australian health service is excellent but expensive - there is an out of pocket cost on every test and on some that is 100%) but we have both got fairly good results so will hopefully not be needing to use the Sat phone to call the Flying Doctor Service ! 

Cheers K&F

 

About fionamelville


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.