Existing Member?

Feel The Nature

Out of reality

ITALY | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [161] | Scholarship Entry

It was an Easter time in this years April when me and 7 of my new Erasmus friends from Bulgaria, Macedonia, Romania, Estonia and Latvia decided to go for a trip just to get to know Italy better, while we were in our exchange program. Trip took us to Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi and Positano, where we enjoyed the most amazing sights i have ever seen in my life. It was the perfect combination of mountains and their reflection in the see, complemented with lemon plantations all over the mountain. (This region of Italy is very famous with liqueur Limoncello and other products made from lemon juice.) Even bus drivers beeping on every bend, just to make sure oncoming drivers are careful and give the way, let me feel like i’m taken out of reality and putted in a movie. But it got just better from there.
When we arrived from Sorrento to Marina del Cantone to have a sleepover, I knew that I have to wake up next morning to see the sunrise. We all talked about it, decided to wake up at 6:00 to go to the seaside and went to sleep. But of course, in the morning I was the only one who woke up that early and, while wearing all warm clothes I had, because it was windy and little bit cold, went to the beach. I had to walk through trailer park, where it was possible to feel big and comfortable sleep aura in the air – everyone was still sleeping and didn’t even notice what I am about to see.
On the beach I found a perfect stone on which to sit and just stare in the sky. I sat there for an hour, but it was so amazing to see how the sun climbs on the mountain and jumps into the clouds to paint golden lines in the blue sky, while waves in see were dancing with rocks. Birds sang a beautiful morning symphony and i caught myself in total calmness. My mind finally was quite and it didn’t scratch my consciousness with thoughts about all the stressful and boring routine I had. For the first time in very long period I heard silence full with echo of nature sounds that surrounded me. It was a perfect start for a perfect day in most beautiful place I have ever been in Italy yet. And it was just a beginning of wandering around the place, finding forest trails, jumping over fences, getting wet in the rain and eating pizza for lunch instead of eggs as I usually do on Easter when I am at home in Latvia.
Sometimes it is necessary to force yourself to wake up earlier so you can see pure beauty of nature and absorb it’s calmness and energy within yourself to start a wonderful day.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About feelthenature


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.