Existing Member?

IN HIGH SPIRITS

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 10 October 2012 | Views [279] | Scholarship Entry

1.My idea was to send to my friends, followers of the journey, a videocard, a part of my experience in the biggest market of Kampala, the capital of Uganda. I enjoy discovering local stories. I strongly believe in the words of Eleanor Roosevelt:"When you cease to make a contribution you begin to die". So, I don't want to die so fast. That is why I want to capture the stories, to put every frame together and to share them with the world, to built a perception, a feeling in people's mind and soul.
2.Now I am practising the filming technics and my latest piece was my first documentary in my life called Matooke, the crop that built the Ugandan nation. I was the camera person and I had a camera assitant. I started filming in may 2011 with Sony NX5 HD camera a couple of reportages in Slovenia, as a videojournalist, about the European Year of Volunteering, NGOs and the power of people to make things happen.
3.I would like to have the chance to fight against my limits, to be able to show to the people the beauty, the complexity of each place. I want to learn and to become a professional videojournalist, to live a life stuffed in my backpack and to have only one mailing address: THE WORLD.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About feel_the_world


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.