Existing Member?

Cambodia, Tonle Sap lake, Federico Caminada The pleasures of photographing reside in realizing an event in a split second and to feeling it in our mind, our eyes and our heart at the same time. Reality, meditation, imagination.

Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Tonle Sap lake

CAMBODIA | Friday, 13 June 2008 | Views [695]

Tonle Spa lake.
Early in the day, I’m probably the first one who has given the entrance ticket that gives you the permit to enter the ‘Tonle Sap lake’ area. Temperature is not so high and moisture is not sticky yet, but both are relentlessly rising; the dirty, dusty, straight, bright red road stretches between silent and green paddy-fields, contrast and stillness almost hurt. I left Phnom Phen more than an hour ago and not a motorbike or a lorry had been crossing my way. Suddenly, without any warning, this surreal atmosphere is broken …, a market, smells, some fishermen. I reach the lake shore and begin hearing some voices. I don’t catch what’s going on, but I try to find out what all this yelling means. Someone’s shouting: “There!”, “No, not so far …”, “Search that place!”, “Yes …, a little bit to the right!” .… Children are coming, one after the other, to join the first ones already knee deep in the mud. Two of them, a brother and a sister; it seems like they are playing a game …, the game of life. They chat, call and beckon to each other, check and compare their findings .… Hours go by, the sun is high above the horizon, not a cloud to ease the great heat, beads of sweat stain the clothes.
It’s time to go home .… for everybody.

Tags: cambodia, cambogia, lake, phnom penh, tonle sap

About federico_caminada

Tonle Sap lake, Phnom Phen, Camboadia, Indochina

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.