Existing Member?

Discovering ZAR Music

Discovering ZAR Music

EGYPT | Thursday, 18 September 2014 | Views [564] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

We are Fatema and Sama. We live and work in Cairo. We are driven. We are curious. We are passionate. Fatema graduated with a BA in economics and a minor in Film. Sama earned a BA in Visual Arts and a minor in Arab and Islamic History. So what tickles us to make films? We love to tell stories...We love to find hidden treasures, shed light on them and share their (hist)stories with the world. We are driven by a hunger for knowledge & experience, to tap into an unknown world and expose it's mystique. And what better way to tell an engaging story than through a film? To captivate the senses, transfer the emotions, to draw the viewer into another world…and then back home. Our curiosity leads us into the hidden corners of our city, Cairo; a salad bowl of cultures, a mosaic of influences. Having an affinity for history, we find ourselves drawn to the gems of tradition, to the forgotten places. As storytellers we assume a responsibility not only to capture stories but more importantly to present them in the most authentic manner. Winning the World Nomads Competition means for us to have the chance to experience a new adventure, engage in a whole new world and to have the honour to document yet another treasure in world heritage. It means for us to go beyond our own culture (as Egyptians, Arabs, Mediterraneans, Africans) into a global scope of heritage. It also means for us to develop as story tellers, film makers, presenters: a challenge that we welcome with open arms.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

Your video made me want to hop on a plane for Cairo. A beautiful tradition demonstrated in this film. Thank you for sharing this story!

  apriljoy Sep 21, 2014 6:04 AM

About fatemasama


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.