Existing Member?

No Borders Travel Magazine

Discovering Malta

MALTA | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [182] | Scholarship Entry

Three months of journey spent to discover a fantastic island in the heart of Mediterranen Sea: Malta.
In Italy we've a figure of speech:"In the small barrel, there's good wine."
This is Malta, an unforgettable life experience. Stunning scenery, a thousand-year history that echoes in the present, the embrace of his people that envelops you with its traditions, its language and that makes you feel like one of them.
Malta was conquered by everyone and no one, here there were Kings and Queens, Emperors and invaders, but nobody has been able to take away identity from this country.
The challenge of Malta to not be ensnared by the habits of others , persists today and is a strong point for the island and its tourism.
From the capital Valletta, picturesque and full of narrow streets, with its immense harbour that dominates the horizon, you can arrive to Medina, the ancient capital, the silent city, where along its alleys you can admire the stunning surroundings, without forgetting the cities of entertainment and local, San Julian and Sliema.
Malta offers wonderful beaches like Golden Bay and Ghajn Tuffieha, where you can enjoy beautiful sunsets, or further north there's the Ghadira bay, where white beach of Mellieha and its crystal clear water will pamper you during your holiday.
Not far away, you'll find the beautiful Popeye's Village, where was shot the film "Popeye" with the legendary Robin Williams.
In the south of the island, you must visit Marsaxlokk , the fishermen village, where every Sunday morning held a wonderful open market with local products of Malta and the typical Maltese boats, called Luzzu , painted and colored , each with two eyes over the prow that serves as good luck to fishermen, characterize the bay. Near here you'll find St.Peter's Pool, a natural "pool" very popular for diving.
Absolutely to visit Gozo, that offering breathtaking views and maintains a mysterious beauty and fascinating thanks to its nature still simple. Here you can see the old Citadel with its ancient fortifications, the beautiful beach of Ramla Bay, the spectacular Azure Window and much more. Please don't forget to taste the local products, such as cheese peppered goat, the ftira (bread stuffed typical Maltese), olives, tomatoes...
Treasures of Malta don't end yet. Comino, a small island between Malta and Gozo, habited by only 10 people, where you can swim in the clear waters of the Blue Lagoon. You may also take a relaxing walking tour in absolute freedom.
Enjoy Malta.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About farwidelife

Selfie in Dingli

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malta

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.