Existing Member?

Fate

A Small Kenyan Waterfall

KENYA | Tuesday, 19 May 2015 | Views [186] | Scholarship Entry

Whilst visiting Nairobi, The group I was with just happened to befriend an ambassador staying in our hotel. I was apprehensive about staying in Africa, but he organised a bus for me and my friends to spend the next day touring the area in and around Nairobi. We visited giraffes, baby elephants and crocodiles, but after having spent the last few months in large cities, my favourite part was visiting the tea plantations, and taking a walk into a small forest area to see a well hidden waterfall. I felt as though I hadn't realised so many different shades of green exist. The whole place was so colourful that it was almost surreal. Even being there with a small group of people, I was so distracted by the beauty of the place and by how peaceful I felt there that I felt I could have been the only person in the world, standing there amongst the trees. I'm a firm believer in fate, and after me and the girls I was with kept checking with each other to make sure all of these amazing things were happening for real and we weren't all just dreaming, I know that they felt it too. That day was special, and it was meant to be.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About farrers


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.