Existing Member?

Quash-ul-Safar

The Hidden Treasure of Baluchistan

PAKISTAN | Thursday, 12 November 2015 | Views [2934] | Comments [1]

Spread Over 640 square miles, Hingol Natural Park located along the Makran Coast is the largest natural park in Pakistan, approximately 190 Kilometers away from Karachi.

 

Leaving Karachi very early in the morning, you can witness most of the shops in Hub Chowki area have their doors wide open and people sleeping inside

 

Bright and stunning stars escorted most of our way to the destination that was approximately three and half hours long, as we reached there around, 530, we got a chance to do some stargazing, and night photography.

 

Awaiting sunrise we spent roughly an hour on the bridge over the Hingol River, though the river is mostly dried it only fills when it rains. It is said that crocodiles can be seen around when the river is high.

 

After a few flamboyant layers, the first sight of the sun is deep red and breathtaking, just as a fairytale, the sun rises behind the layers of mountain, striking the shades on the water beneath, creating silhouettes and slowly revealing the exquisiteness that it holds the entire scene feel like a backdrop of some uncanny world.

 

Only one hotel serves food in the entire natural park, from breakfast to dinner, this is people’s stop, Fried Eggs and Parthas with scrumptious chai was served by the two worker who usually keep the hotel open 24/7 considering the demand and location.

 

The entire area is spread with layers of Mud Mountains, there are many mud volcanoes, most of them are now dormant, however climatic changes, sea winds and rain has impacted the rocks and turned them into beautiful and near perfect sculpture like formations.

Passing though these Mud Mountains, you silently come across, a natural rock, believed to be a formation of dormant volcano, a beautiful lady, unnamed until 2005, when she was discovered by UN Goodwill Ambassador and world famous Angelina Jolie, who gave her the name “Princess of Hope” believed to named considering the hope that Makran Coastal Line and development of Gawadar brings to Pakistan.

 

As closely as one goes to the princess of hope, the shape changes but the essence remains the same, the more you go within the mountain, the stunning it becomes. It is not the only wonder that exists within the area, surprisingly another rock formations seems to be replica of the Sphinx and few more that are resembled with things around us.

 

Though it is still an enigmatic that whether these where crafted by some master artisan or yet another natural wonder that makes the world go speechless. Mystery as this place holds, one can easily compare it to the Great American Canyons.

 

Between the hotel and the princess of hope, utmost area has long stretch of yellow mountain belt on one edge and Clear Blue Kund Malir Beach on the other; locally known as Agor the beach is a spellbound sight, you witness the beautiful mountains on the edges and endless prospect to the sea that sets the horizon. The water is flawless with waves gushing strong and breeze so cold, one can easily spend all day there.

 

The amazing Balochi Karai is mostly the lunch served at the only hotel of the area, a place where you can see a good mix of locals and tourists.

 

When you turn left for Nani Mandir, on your right is the plague that read “Tombs of Mohammad Bin Qasim’s troop” as you go further, you can witness the tombs.

 

While we stopped to spread a few Crips to the local children, we got a chance to meet muslim settlement on the way to very ancient hindu Mandir, the people like rest of the Pakistan are very hospitable, and lovely natured. Kids dressed in traditional balochi dress were waiting on the road side and waving to each van that passes through; The settlement is of permanent structure with concrete however only entails to a couple houses in the entire stretch.

 

The Mandir having multiple names like Hinglaj and Nani is located in a small natural cave towards the one end of the park, It’s a cave temple, where there is no man made sculpture but a stone known as Hinglaj Mata, decorated with vermillion is said to Sati, a Hindu deity. It is believed that before independence 20% of Hindu and Sikh Population used to live here.

 

Every year, in April and in Navratri pilgrims come from all over Pakistan and even from India to pay homage.

 

On the way from beach to Karachi, Kund Malir, Fish Market is spread on a long span.  The fish of the area are very famous and considered to be delicious. You can have an amazing chai at hub chowki with locally made cookies, to end this supernatural journey to the land of mountains.  Truly Pakistan is full of adventurous Joys…

 

The Josh Tour, the Young duo who loves travelling and more so Pakistan, organized the trip… the I must say, along with the tour you can witness the passion for travelling and love for Pakistan very evident.

 

Tags: #faizalalwani, #pakistanisbeautiful, #qasasulsafar, #roadtrip, #travelkahanian, #visitpakistan

 

Comments

1

I don't know that there is a hidden treasure.
But may it is truth. I want a permission from the government to search this hidden property and treasure

  Abubakar Khalid Mar 30, 2021 5:01 AM

About faizalalwani


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.