Existing Member?

Could this be real

Where Magic happens

CROATIA | Friday, 18 April 2014 | Views [252] | Scholarship Entry

Once apoun a time, lived a carefree and flirtatious teenager. She wasn't worried for much and her days became obsessed with embracing culture and its life. To see the sun rise in a completely new place to where it was seen set.
One day she was luckily enough to find herself arrive on the shores of Croatia, cruising through the islands on a yacht, marveling at the most incredible island creations in the Mediterranean.
She was privileged enough to make a stop in the capital Dubrovnik.
Majority of European cities always salvage apart of it is oldest town, and keep it as authentic as possible, often keeping the original guard walls around it, and gate entrances. A real tourist attraction to any European town, and often filled with quirky and original pieces of memorabilia to the city that its in.
Dubrovnik has one of the most goriest old town's in the entire of Europe.
Think of Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty and imagine it thrown in stone age setting, this is the idea of what you could expect walking into the old town of Dubrovnik.

You are greeted with Royal guards, in uniform at the gates and most corners. You can hear the voices of a choir, charming harmonically through the city as the march together, singing.
Swallows fly over your head, above the arches of the cities walls. They circle above, as if celebrating a communion of love.
I know, because I was there. I was the carefree teenager, who turned to my friend and said, " please pinch me, cause I do not know how we landed up here " He pinched me, I yelped, it was sore. I knew this was real.
As we continued to walk through this splendor of cultural delight, I knew I had to stop to send a post card to loved ones, so I could try and capture to them exactly what my eyes were seeing, and also what my heart was experiencing.
It was truly a moment of being in love with a place. This gorgeous old town, which had stairs to follow up the steep hill it had been built on, and only to get to the top to be greeted by the most magnificent views of pristine sea-waters. In the distance are views of sublime great rocks, and small islands, a real marvel to the eye over sunset.
Dubrovnik, the home of a fairytale princess.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About fairytale


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.