Existing Member?

The Humanographer

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 5 October 2012 | Views [425] | Scholarship Entry

The reason why I chose to spend a Saturday afternoon with the Chosen Ones motorcycle club is because they represent the city of Jo'burg's thriving subculture, something a normal tourist would not easily get to experience, something unique. Plus they were easy going and cool to hang out with.

My experience:
My journey began in 2005 when I graduated with a BA majoring in Anthropology from a local university, in the same year I landed my first gig as a runner on a set of drama series. I soon gained momentum and began work as a freelance production assistant for film houses and TV broadcasters. In 2007 I landed my first gig in front of the cameras as a presenter of a magazine show. Later I joined a local content sales team where I learnt how the business of content distribution worked. I'm currently working as a freelance researcher.

What would this mean to me
This scholarship would mean a chance to travel, something I have never been able to do and always wished that I could do. It would also give me a chance at being a professional travelling filmmaker, someone who is given the opportunity connect the culture dots and see the the big picture. I have the potential pls invest in me.

Tags: travel film scholarship 2012

About fabian


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.