Existing Member?

Fabia in Brazil

Parque Ibirapuera

BRAZIL | Monday, 10 November 2008 | Views [563]

Here another sunday excursion story:

Let's go to a park we thought and as we are still new 'Gringos' in town we just picked the most famous one - Parque Ibirapuera. As we do not have a car yet we intended to go by public transport. So okey, as there is no bus schedule and not really a way how to figure out which bus to take, we asked our way through. First a certain bus was recommended to us, but as this particular bus did not show up after 15 minutes, we decided to take another bus to the closest metro station. There we took two metro lines until we got out again and intended to take the last bus to the park as told by lonely planet. But of course this bus again did not show up. So after half an hour of waiting we decided to take a taxi - and in the taxi we just saw our bus passing by... All in all this journey took us about 2 hours - you don't want to know that the taxi back just had about 20 minutes...

The park itself is quite huge with big paths (I would say comparable to Hyde Park) and it's nice to walk around a little bit and watch people playing games and doing sports. And then a nice fresh coconut and you forget about all the transport hazzles :)

About fabia


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.