Existing Member?

Euro Trip 2011

First Stop Bali

INDONESIA | Sunday, 8 May 2011 | Views [389]

We arrived in bali early evening after a mission getting through the airport we made it to where our driver kutut picked us up.. wow bali the first night/day was an eye opener i was a little shell shocked i think its a very different place after being there for a few days i begun to love it  the people are so friendly they will give you anything they have. the place we are staying is called balangan beach its a very laid back chilled out place with a  really nice beach and no one around really to annoy you… the first day we were here mike went for a surf and when he came in he had snapped one of his fins on the reef.. luckily they have guys on the beach that do repairs so he was only out of the water for a day. the next day we went into kuta to visit kel, and her mum robyn  wow what an experience kuta is crazy busy a lot different to the laid back balangin.  that day we decided to hire a scooter so we could get around easy… silly us didn't get one with a surf board holder so guess who got to carry the surf board everywhere we went lucky Erin :) the roads here are crazy busy and people drive everywhere and anywhere i don't think there are many road rules its pretty much fend for your self, we met this guy who was a surf guide at the place we are staying but you have to pay for the services so mike and him got to talking and they were heading off to this beach call sarangan (turtle beach) which apparently has good waves so as we did not pay for the guide experience he just told us to follow there car when they left at 6am in the morning.. omg that was interesting as the other guide got cranky at him for telling us this, she was trying to loose us, but we managed to keep up. we have been driving all over and have come across some weird things the funniest is that it dosnt matter where you are weather it be in town or in the middle of no where you can buy petrol out of absolute vodka bottles so funny everyone  had a stall out the front of there house selling petrol for one bottle is approx. 50cents aus and you need 3 to fill up the scooter so awesome. the next day  went to a place called uluawato which is really bizzar all of the buildings are on a cliff face and if you are wanting to surf you have to walk down all these stairs until you get to a cave kinda thing and you have to paddle out through there which when its high tide can be a little scary with the waves coming in. after uluawato we went to try and find a few more places we saw a sign for dreamland beach so we went to follow it, well we ended up on a dirt road in a kinda rainforrest  area and it ended up on the top of a hill with the beach below so we park the scooter in the field  with the cows and went down to the beach, was a really nice day other than having to carry the surfboard everywhere. at the hotel we met this really nice brissy couple asa and aleisha we all decided to go out for dinner at a restaurant called menaga in jimbarren bay wow our driver took us down these back ally ways and when we go to the restaurant we though omg we are eating on the road haha luckily we walked through and found the most amazing place, hundreds of chairs and tables set up on the beach all lit up with candles it just looked amazing, mike was very excited as it was a seafood restaurant and for $45 aus we got 1 whole lobster, 1 snapper, 6 clams, 6 clamari , rice,veggies, a fruit pallet for desert and 2 beers crazy and even through i don't like seafood i didn't mind it. the next day we went back into Kuta to visit kel and robyn we started the day with a bit of bargaining mike is becoming really good at this he managed to get 2 singlets for about $4 aus, we went out for a few bin-tangs and some dinner, kel and robyn took us to this aussie place where we got to have a parmy which was surprisingly good. after a few bin-tangs we decided to get fished… haha i know what your thinking but this is when you put your feet and hands in a tank with little suckerfish and they eat ur dead skin wow this was different it kinda tickeled it was weird but your feet were so nice and soft after. the next morning we wen to visit the monkeys at uluawato temple, they are really weird looking creatures they kind of look like hairy old men, there was the most tiny little baby one though which was really cute. 

it is now the last day here and unfortunately mike has gotten sick not too sure what it is were thinking its the belly.. so he is hanging in bed for the day it think. looks like its a nice relaing day by the pool for me:)

cant believe the week is almost over had a blast such an adventure off to germany tomorrow…

untill next time 

Erin and Mike xxx

(will put all photos on Facebook its way easier )

About ezz87


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.